Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reading Foundations {FREEBIE}

I have been hard at work on a new unit of games that align to the Reading Foundational Skills standards.  It is called A Winter Wonderland of Literacy Stations.  It has a game for rhyming words, a game for syllables, a initial sound sort with lots of different letter combinations, a medial sound sort and a final sound sort.  It also has a game for blending and segmenting CVC words.  Additionally, it has a sight word game with the DOLCH list and the FRY list.  And, finally, it has a Roll, Say, and Keep using Nonsense Words- a perfect practice for DIBELS.  Most of the games are designed for use in a pocket chart station, but could easily be done on a table or flooor.  If you click here you can have a freebie of one of the pages of the Icy Words game- a game that focuses on blending and segementing sounds in CVC words.  This pack of games is available now at my TpT and TN stores.

I am working on a math unit of games along the same theme of winter- A Winter Wonderland of Math Stations. Look for that coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award! Love your blog! Check out my blog at http://mrsbohatyskindergartenkingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I found you on TpT in the forums. I also nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my blog for the rules if you would like to participate. :-)

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete