Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What a difference a year makes!

I've had some time this summer to look at some of my old products and revise them a little bit.  The one I've been working on lately is my Nursery Rhyme Unit.  Looking at it, it was the best I could do at the time with graphics available and my growing knowledge base- wow, what a learning curve it's been.  I shuddered as I opened it (it was created in MS Word) and scrolled through the graphics and pages.  The content is not the issue for me, it's the presentation.  Last year, I couldn't find a lot of nursery rhyme products out there so there wasn't much competition.  Now, I see tons of big sellers making Nursery Rhyme product.  I can't even begin to compete with that, so I deactivated the product, took the two strongest pieces out, revised the graphics and reposted them as stand alone products.  I updated the graphics (thank you Little Red, Graphics from the Pond, and Melonheadz) and now I am much happier with the results.  Here are some pictures of the Rhyming Activity Pack.



 It includes three games that my kinders really liked last year (even though it wasn't as cute last year).  Humpty Dumpty's rhyming wall where the students have to determine which bricks have rhyming pairs and then place those to fill the wall. 



 Then there is Old Mother Hubbard's Rhyming Cupboard where students have to sort the bones into rhyming pairs or not-rhyming pairs.  It's meant for the pocket chart.



 Finally, there's Jack and Jill's rhyming pails.  It's designed for a pocket chart as well.  Students place the pails on the pocket chart and try to match it up with a rhyming drop of water.




I also re-made my Read It, Trace It, Put the Sentence Together together pack for Nursery Rhymes.  It includes sentences for about 10 different nursery rhymes.  Here's some pictures.



5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I am happy to now follow you!!

    Mrs.Egley’sKindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check my blog tomorrow for more details. Congrats!:)
    Kinders on the Block

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karla! I just found your blog and am your newest follower. I love your activities and can't wait to really look at them all. Such great things! I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance.
    Carolyn :)
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karla,

    I'd like to start by saying that your Blog looks great!!! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you get to keep 70% of the profit. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. The general tip is that, as kids grow and their interests and academic requirements change, we as parents also need to adapt to these changes.
    school rhymes

    ReplyDelete