Sunday, April 7, 2013

High Frequency Word Fluency

I really think high frequency words will be the death of me this year!  This particular group seems to be having a very difficult time learning the 75 words that they need for mastery by the end of Kindergarten.  I think part of it is that they came in so low- not knowing many letters and sounds- so we had to really focus on that at first and push sight words to the back burner until they mastered letters and sounds.  Another part is parental involvement- my kinders that have parents who will practice the words at home have mastered those 75 words weeks ago.  Unfortunately, many do not practice at home and we can only do so much at school.  Anyway, I made this recording sheet.  I know it's a little late for this year, but I will definitely use this with next year's group.  Get the freebie here

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karla! I saw you bought 3 of our end of the year theme day packs! Thanks SOOOO much! HOpe you love them. We'll be updating the game day pack soon so be sure and check back for the newer/better version in the next week or so.

    Also, we have a Fry Sight Word pack that we use with our kiddos to help them work on sight words. Send me your email and I'll send it to you. Maybe it's not too late for it to help a little! :)

    ReplyDelete