Saturday, January 28, 2017

My First 3-Act Task

I've loved going into classrooms and modeling 3-act tasks. Graham Fletcher has some amazing 3-act tasks on his website. https://gfletchy.com/3-act-lessons/

But I felt like it was time to try my hand at it and make a few of my own.  Since Valentine's Day is coming up soon, I decided that this was the perfect theme for the 3-act tasks I would create.

Disclaimer: Please be kind- these as my first attempts...

Sharing Hearts
Act 1
Watch the video.

Sharing Hearts from karla heleotes on Vimeo.
What do you notice? What do you wonder?

If they share evenly, how many hearts will each student receive?
What's an estimate that is too high?  What's an estimate that's too low?  What would be a reasonable estimate?

Act 2

There are 2 girls sharing.

Act 3

What strategies did you use to solve this?


Sharing Hearts from karla heleotes on Vimeo.


How close was your estimate to the actual answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment